Wednesday 29 April 2015

Manged Metadata Service or Connection is not available

After installing latest Cumulative Update (Nov CU) in SharePoint 2013 farm, I was able to successfully upgrade the environment and PSConfig completed successfully. While testing sites after upgrade, I notice Managed Navigation for any site is not working any more. I was able to get in to Managed Metadata Service Application using central administration but when I click on Navigation option on site settings.aspx page, Term Set and Terms were not showing there. If I try to go to the term store management from site settings.aspx page I was getting
The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator
Solution:
I tried all solutions mentioned here but did not work. After some more digging in to log files I find some permissions related logs for SharePoint resources. I ran
PSConfig.exe -cmd secureresources
and that resolved the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment